How To Fill a Zippo Hand Warmer
Filling Your Zippo Hand Warmer
- Make sure Hand Warmer is cool to touch. Remove Hand Warmer lid, then remove the catalytic burner unit from base until by holding it lengthwise (upright with Zippo logo). Burner unit may have a tight fit.
- Pour Zippo Lighter Fluid into the appropriate 6 or 12 hour plastic filling cup provided in the package. Do not spill.
- For 6-Hour Hand Warmers: Fill to line for about 6 hours of heat.
- For 12-Hour Hand Warmers: Fill to line for about 12 hours of heat.
- Do not fill cup above the line for your specific type of Hand Warmer.
- Slowly and carefully pour contents of filling cup into the filling hole on the Hand Warmer body, while maintaining the Hand Warmer in an upright position.
- Do not overfill. Overfilling will cause malfunction, risk of injury and fire.
- Keep the Hand Warmer upright and carefully replace the catalytic burner unit, making sure it is fully seated.
- Carefully wipe off any excess fuel from the Hand Warmer surfaces and allow excess fuel to evaporate before igniting.
- Be sure fuel can is closed and there is no spilled fuel in the vicinity before igniting. Fuel is flammable.
- Allow Hand Warmer to rest in the upright position for at least two minutes before igniting to allow fuel to be fully distributed in the absorbent material and become available to the catalytic burner.
- Do not lay Hand Warmer down after filling and before ignition. If laid down, liquid fuel can get into the catalytic burner, which may cause a flame to occur upon ignition.
- If a visible flame develops, it must be put out. Usually, any flame can be easily blown out but use extreme care and caution. If necessary, place Hand Warmer on fire proof surface and allow the flame to burn out or be extinguished in a safe manner.
Use Genuine Zippo Hand Warmer Fuel and Replacement Burners