Be sure to read our How To Instructions to learn how to use the Customize It!
*This is not an exhaustive list, but rather a set of general guidelines. Please visit Terms and Conditions for full legal terms.
You may not use images, slogans, or words that:
1. Infringe upon the copyright, trademark, or right of publicity of a third party including names, logos, symbols, or pictures of the following without written authorization from the owner (which must be provided to Zippo):
- Musical artists; and authors of copyright protected works;
- Companies and brands, including food, drink, clothing, and automobile brands
- Television, movie, cartoon, comic book or video game characters
- Sports teams and athletes
- Fraternities, sororities or other organizations
- Colleges and universities
2. Are inappropriate or offensive, meaning...
- Use of sex toys or subjects portrayed in a sexual act or provocative positions.
- Obscene or vulgar material, including material with offensive remarks.
- Material that harasses, threatens, defames, or abuses others
- Material that is racist, sexist, or a symbol of hate (i.e. Nazi symbol, gang signs).
- Material that promotes or depicts violence or abuse, including to animals
- Material that glamorizes illegal drug use
Visit our How To Instructions for more details!
1. Choose the right message.
Keep in mind there is limited space for each surface of the product. The more letters and words you use, the smaller the font will appear. Make every word count!
2. Use all the engravable space.
You have up to four areas that can be engraved. You can engrave the lid and case of the front and back of most lighters. However, some lighters do have special engraving areas. When you use all available surfaces, you have the chance to communicate a truly unique and meaningful message.
3. Review your finished product.
Be sure to make any design changes before you place your order. We are unable to alter your image in anyway once we receive your order. Once the order is placed, the order cannot be cancelled. And customized lighters are not eligible for return or refund.
4. Don't forget the guidelines.
Profanity, offensive remarks, or references to drugs, violence, or anything else in poor taste will not be accepted.